Catalina 30 TRBS #2889 "Northern Light"
GPS and Systems Monitor
Inside at the nav station is a Systems Monitor that collects and displays:
The Systems Monitor also:
- GPS data from the Garmin GPS16HVS through the Raymarine Chartplotter SL70C Plus.
- data from my Raymarine instruments that use Raytheon's SeatalkŪ bus
- data from three tank level sensors
- charge current from alternator and solar panels
- voltage on the two battery banks
- diesel RPMs and temperature
- and more
- communicates via I2C to a self-designed web server module that sends the data
to any connected web browser via the boats WiFi hot-spot.
- transmits engine data into the Seatalk bus. The Pedestal Monitor displays
that data at the engine control panel.
Sandwiched at the back of the green character display is a self-designed
circuit board that features a Cypress Semiconductor PSoC® 5LP.
This is how the systems data looks in a web browser, such as on a smart phone. (Data in this photo
was provided by an emulator on the bench so not all data is real.)